These original jazz band/ensemble charts are now available on Sheet Music Plus! These are tried-and-true charts guaranteed to work great with your band. Composed and arranged by Rob Birdwell for his Early Bird Jazz Band which he directed for many years. The oftentimes varied instrumentation of the band from year to year proved useful as the charts could hold up year after year and new parts were always being added or refined.
This collection of charts all have "way" in the title - it was a thing I guess and once I got started I somehow kept it going! The students seemed to like it and it made for some interesting titles. These charts are perfect for your high school or middle school jazz band:
- Down New Orleans Way
- Freeway Ska
- One Way Blues
- On Our Way
- Come My Way
- Rockaway Island
- Sissel's Hideaway
- Wayward Dog (for jazz band with string orchestra)
Additional charts for various "jazz" ensemble or combo settings - most of these are suitable for high school, college or pro groups:
- Arbo Jam
- Nice and Easy In Seattle (from the indie movie "The Stranger By The Bay")
- A New Day (scored for Jazz Ensemble and Full Orchestra!)
- The Amazing Flying Pickle (combo)
- Väsen Dance (combo)
- Carousel Dreams (combo)
- Winter Festival (brass quintet)
- That Is Not A Chew Toy (combo/septet)
- Frumpy (combo/septet)
- Swedish Beach Party (combo/septet)
- I Dream of Rain (combo/septet)
- As Dreamers Do (combo/septet - trombone feature)
- Friday the 13th (combo/septet)
- Grandma Was A Go-Go Dancer (combo/septet)
- Come My Way (combo/septet)
- No Money Left (combo/septet)
- Weird Beauty (combo/septet)
- Flap Jack (combo/septet)
Check out more of my original scores on Sheet Music Plus!
Feeling GoodMore info about 'Feeling Good'
Excerpts of a live pops concert recording of Rob Birdwell's arrangement of Feeling Good for Halie Loren and her band. Words and Music by Anthony Newley & Leslie Bricusse. Featuring the Corvallis-OSU Symphony Orchestra, Halie Loren (vocals), Matt Treder (piano), Mark Schneider (bass), Bill Marsh (guitar), Brian West (drums), Rob Birdwell (arranger/conductor). Audio engineering/recording by George Relles and Diana Robson.