What I'm Working On
- Staying safe and healthy!
- Staying up late - trying not to worry too much and not succeeding!
- Writing new songs - just about every day I'm capturing new song ideas. I record quick demos and archive these. Some of them I'll come back to and produce; most will stay in the archives!
- Practicing trumpet, piano, and doing some singing. I'm learning Ukulele! Have written a couple/few cool new tunes on it too!
- Doing some socially-distant performing - my backyard, others' backyards. I even did a solo show on a farm with my loop pedal!
- Procrastinating on my CD! Before Covid-19 I was so excited to finish it...now it's lingering. Or maybe I'm lingering. That's gonna have to do.
- Working on finishing things I start - see previous point!
- I'm moving my Mom - she'll soon live only blocks away instead of over 100 miles!
- I'm swimming again! Been a good July and August with reserved lanes at the pool in a safe way (as is possible). Also, dabbling in some open water swimming and hoping to connect with others close to my speed (I'm pretty fast!) so it's not so dang scary out there. (Actually open water swimming is very relaxing for me, but the anticipation of being alone in the wild is still a bit freaky!)
I'm doing other stuff too. Some things (which I think are creative) involve software and learning more about the fundamentals of synthesizers and audio processing. But to enumerate everything I'm thinking, dreaming, or planning is a bit too exhausting for me at this time.
I'm a bit torn actually - the idea of sharing what I'm listening to, what I'm reading or watching. Maybe I should? Suffice to say I AM reading, watching, listening, and learning lots! Again, maybe I can do better in this department - time will tell.
I will say this: I'm hopeful for the future and deeply worried about the present. I support the protests. Black Lives Matter. I support science and reason. I will continue to speak out for vote by mail nationally. I love a good joke.
I love many, many things and people.
I'm wishing the best for you during these tough times. Contact me if anything I've said or written is of interest to you.